The HQ Administration provides many mechanisms to tailor the behaviour of HQ for individuals and groups of users.
The Administration system should not be confused with the User Options system where HQ users have the ability to control several aspects of their own HQ experience.
Access to the administration system is granted to two types of user:
- The Administrator: This is a single user who is in possession of the master password for HQ.
- Any user who has been granted Administration rights. These rights can only be granted by an Administrator, so the first user to receive Administration rights can only receive them from the overall Administrator.
To access the Administration system, either:
- With your browser, navigate to the start point of HQ. Use the username Administrator and the password you have previously chosen. This will take you directly to the Administration system. No other features of HQ will be available from there without logging-out and then logging-in as a normal user.
- With your browser, navigate to the start point of HQ. Log in as any user who has been given Administration rights. Once logged-in you will be able to access the Administration system from within HQ by following the menu links Tools>Administration. You will need to re-enter your user password before being given access.
The main functions of the Administration system are shown as tabbed sections and perform the following:
- My Organisation: Here you can set details of your organisation, such as name, address fax, email, VAT number and emergency phone numbers.
- Add Users: Use this tab to add new users to HQ.
- Modify Users: From this tab you can add, remove and modify users. Here you can also set the security role for each user and setup the user’s email.
- User Roles: Use this tab to create, modify or delete security roles. These roles consist of a number of permissions to view or to modify various aspects of HQ. A role can later be applied to one or several users – applying the same security attributes to all of them.
- Import-Export: As the name implies, this tab provides access to export contact details out from HQ.
- Undelete: HQ records of People, Businesses and Jobbags can be undeleted or permanently deleted from here.
- Misc.: A wide number of parameters of HQ can be edited from here. These include fonts (to appear in the editors), Category labels, Jobbag Stages, Prospect Sales Stages and Business Status labels amongst many other parameters.
- Email Status: This tab provides diagnostics for every user’s email.
- Special Dates: A number of special dates can be added to HQ. These might include Public Holidays, Dress-Down days, Founder’s Days and so on. These days will be highlighted on all HQ calendar views.
- Email Configuration: Email account configuration allows you to add multiple mailboxes for each user.
- Accountancy: Here you can change the order of stages in the Accounts and Business Tax Jobs – THIS FEATURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF ACCOUNTANCY MODULE ENABLED
The HQ ‘My Organisation’ administration page allows you to capture some parameters of your organisation and make these details available to various HQ modules. All the details entered here are available for inclusion in HQ documents using the HQ:SmartTags system.
Click SAVE to store your details to the HQ database.
Contact records for People and Businesses can be exported from HQ.
Click the ‘Export’ button to open or save a text file in a comma-delimited format containing all the people records in HQ.
HQ can either undelete or permanently delete records for People, Businesses or Jobbags.
Please note: Deleting from this tab will delete the relevant item permanently.
The document editors used throughout HQ (emails, documents, etc.) all use the standard range of fonts found in most browsers.
New fonts can be added to the list by entering the name of the font and clicking ‘Save Font List’. From then on all the fonts in this list will be used by the editor.
If a custom font is used in an email, the font will be visible to the email recipient if he or she has the font installed on their computer. If the custom font is used to create a PDF (HQ uses PDF’s extensively) the the font will be embedded into the PDF and will be visible to a recipient of the PDF whether they have a copy of the custom font or not.
HQ makes extensive use of ‘Categories’ for people and businesses. A person or business can be in any category or any combination or categories.
New categories can be created by users during the process of adding new Contacts and these categories are subsequently visible to all users. It may be necessary to manage the number and range of these and the illustration below shows how the Administrator can either Add or Delete any of these globally available categories.
To merge multiple categories, press the SHIFT key and then select the categories you want to merge, then click the merge button, this will merge the chosen categories into one and then prompt you to enter a new name for this merged category.
Email Autolinking (Outbound)
Emails are automatically linked to the Person or Business with which the recipient emails addresses are associated. HQ will automatically suggest a list of links based on the addresses in the TO, CC and BCC fields in the email writer. By default all People and Businesses will be show but only the People links will be checked. This default can be changed by clicking either of the Email Link Preferences checkboxes.
Email Autolinking (Inbound)
HQ has the ability to automatically associate inbound emails with contact records. The ‘from’ address of any inbound email will be matched against HQ’s contact records and, if an appropriate match is found, the email will be filed against the matched contact . However, this is just the default behaviour and clicking the ‘Set autolink to ON’ checkbox partially modifies that behaviour. This checkbox sets the behaviour for new Contacts such that new Contact records have, by default, autolinking turned ON or OFF. This default behaviour can be overridden by any user creating a new Contact record.
Linked Email Delete Preference
Emails that are linked to a person, business or jobbag cannot (by default) be deleted directly. Any attempt to delete a linked email will pop-up a message explained that linked emails cannot be deleted. To delete such an email, the user needs to remove any links and then delete the unlinked email. This is a useful precaution by HQ to help prevent the deletion of potentially useful emails. However it can also be irritating so the setting show below allow the administrator to override this feature for all users. Simply tick this box to allow unconditional deleting of emails.
Contacts Display Order
Both Business and People contact records in HQ can be displayed in alphabetical order of either first name or last name. Clicking one of the checkboxes illustrated here sets that preference.
HQ has a number of optional modules for specialist functions. If any such modules are installed on your HQ server then they will be displayed in the list illustrated here. Click the relevant checkbox to add the module to HQ’s user interface.
The HQ logo displayed at the top of the main menu can be replaced by a graphic of your choice. To replace the HQ logo, provide a full URL to your image (for example a href=”http://www.mydomain.com/pic.mypic.gif”>http://www.mydomain.com/pic.mypic.gif)) and click ‘Save Logo Address’. To reinstate the HQ logo, simply delete your URL and click the button.
Please ensure all images are as small as possible or they will slow down your website/HQ.
HQ provide a direct link to a corporate manual, intranet or special website from an item on its Tools menu.
To create such a link simply enter some suitable short text for the menu item and the full URL of the website.
To overwrite HQ’s default use of the work “Jobbag”, simply enter a new word here. Please enter the word in the singular form (e.g. Project not Projects) and HQ will calculate relevant case, pluralisation and apostrophes as required.
The Email Status tab gives an overview of every mailbox for every user on HQ.
This page is initially blank apart from the two buttons. To start a status-analysis, click the ‘Get Mailbox Status Report’ button.
This will return a list similar to the one shown below.
A number of status messages are provided by HQ and these can be used to diagnose mail delivery problems.
Please Note: It is normal for mailboxes to have non-zero error counts. A small number of errors is quite acceptable in a mail system and HQ can quite easily accommodate them. If the number of errors continues to climb then that is a clear indication of problems in communicating with the mail server.
Mailbox parameters can be edited directly from this tab by clicking the link on each entry in the email column.
Use this tab to set any number of special dates that will appear in all calendar views for all users.
Any special date can be entered and the title of the event will appear alongside the date in every relevant calendar view.
To add a new special date, simply drop down the ‘Date of Event’ calendar, supply a title, then click ‘Add New Date’. Click the ‘Ignore Year’ checkbox for annually repeating events.
THIS FEATURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF ACCOUNTANCY MODULE ENABLED
Use this tab to set the order in which stages and timescales of the Accounts & Business Tax jobs are done and when these are automatically triggered to be created.
To change the order of a task use the to move up and down in the list. The next alert date is calculated using the days after value when a task has been completed. Days grace value is used to define when red flag will appear.
To insert a new task type in new task name in insert task box with position you want it inserting.
When you have finished editing click on the ‘Save Parameters’ button to save changes.
WARNING – Changing order or deleting the default tasks can lead to the accountancy reports not working correctly and requiring alteration. Please contact Selestial for more information.