HQ comes with a mobile option as standard to use it on your mobile or tablet device all you need to do is open up the browser and go to HQ.
The first time you go to the mobile version of HQ you will also get to option to add it to your home screen on your mobile, we recommend this as you can then have a quick short cut to HQ from your home screen without having to open the browser and navigate to HQ every time.
The mobile version of HQ offers a stripped down version of HQ this includes Email, Calendar, Contacts and Messaging.
Adding HQ to your Mobile Homescreen
These instructions will vary a little depending on your mobile device, but should be similar to the instructions below…
- Open the web browser on your phone.
- Enter the URL for your HQ Service (e.g. acme.selestial.com)
- Enter your login details. If you have a lock screen on your phone, then we recommend ticking the remember my password checkbox.
- Once logged in, open your browser menu, and select “Add this page to your home screen” or similar.
When you have finished using HQ on the mobile, do not click on the Exit button unless you want to log out. Instead just close the browser or continue to another page. The next time you want to use HQ, just click on the home page shortcut and you will go straight to the inbox.
If you see an error on the page, just click on the inbox icon to refresh the screen.
When you log in to the mobile HQ the inbox will be the first page you see.
Below is a screen shot of the mobile inbox:
- Creating new emails – this can be done by tapping the new button at the top of the inbox.
- View the inbox and sent items – you can switch between your inbox and the sent items for the mailbox that you are on by tapping either the inbox of sent buttons.
- Delete emails – to delete an email in this view you need to select them using the check boxes down the left hand side of the email and then tap delete.
- If you have access to multiple mailboxes you can switch between them by clicking the menu button which will give you several options one of which is to change the mailbox that you are viewing.
- Viewing emails – to view an email in the mailbox all you need to do is tap the Subject of the email and that will open the email in a window that slides down from the top, once you are on there you get the options to Reply, Reply All, Forward or Delete the email (deleting only works if the email is not linked and you have permission).
Below is screen shot of the mobile calendar.
When using the mobile calendar you get a month view with all the days in that month listed underneath.
To add a new event to the calendar you can either click the new button located above the month view or you can click on one of the days in the day list, this will then slide down a new window with options for a calendar event.
Once you have added a new event to your calendar you can edit that event by clicking on it in the day list, this will then slide down the same window that was used when creating the event only this time it has the event details already populated. You can also delete events from this point.
The contacts in the mobile HQ are slightly different to the full version of HQ, for example there is no actual contacts section to navigate to in the mobile HQ instead you use the search function to search for a person or a business.
Once you search for a contact you will get the view below with a list of possible people, businesses and then any email or calendar events that match that name you have searched for or that are linked to it.
From here you can do several things these are:
- Editing the person or business – you can do this by clicking on either the or icon in the top right hand corner of the card, this will then take you to another screen where you can edit the basic contact details of that business or person.
- View history – you can view the history for a specific person or business by clicking on icon, this will then take you to the history for that business.
- Call or Email – from the card if you have the mobile number filled in you will see a icon which you can click to call that persons mobile number or if you have their telephone number filled in you can click the icon to call their telephone number. If you have their email address filled in you can also click the icon and send them an email.
- You can also add a new person or business from here by clicking on the Add Person or Add Business buttons on the top of the page this will open up the same view as editing the business or person for you to fill in.
The messaging section of the mobile is similar to the desktop version of HQ, this allows you to send instant messages through HQ to the other users on your HQ.
As you can see in the screen shot below in the messages section you get a list of messages that you have sent and received, containing who they are from, the date and the message.
You can also send new messages, to do this you will need to select a users to send the message to, you do this by clicking on the box next to the To: label this will then pop up a window with a list of users to pick from.
Once you have picked a user you can type your message in the message area and once you have done that click send and your message will be sent.