There are several ways to view documents that you have created or are visible to you:
- by viewing the contact history (business, person or jobbag). This will show you all documents linked to the contact.
- by viewing the documents tab when searching. This will show you all documents related to your search term.
You can view all your documents in a folder tree (and those documents in the Public folders) by doing any of the following:
- by navigating to View -> Documents in the main menu. This will show you all documents created by you or in the public folders.
- by navigating to Documents -> View Documents in the main menu.
- by click the button in the button menu at the top of the page.
Once you are in the documents page you can view documents by clicking on the title of the document, or you can edit the document by clicking the pencil icon at the end of the line for that specific document, or you can print the document by clicking the print icon, this will open the document as a PDF and from there you can print.
If you chose to edit the document it will open in the document editor. You can view all the common document editor functions in Working with HQ Documents.
Navigating the Document Folder Tree
From the document viewer you can navigate through two folder trees, these are your own personal document folders which are labelled with your Username and the Public folders that are visible by all team members.
To add folders to the document folder tree right click on either the top level folder for the current user for example the SamW folder you can see above or the Public folder. Once you have done that you will see the options below:
From here you can do the following:
- add a sub folder which will pop up a box and ask you to enter a name for the new folder.
- open the folder that you have right clicked on, this will show all documents in this folder in the document view area.
- you can also create a new document from this menu.
If you right click on a sub-folder there are several new options:
From here you can do the follow as well as the same as the top level folder:
- rename a sub folder.
- delete a sub folder.
- or you can make a sub folder a smart folder, this means linking it to either a Contact, Business or Jobbag.