Business & People History
When you create a business or a person in HQ you also get a history page for each one of them.
The image below shows an example of the main view of the history page, to view the history of a business or a person you need to click the icon on the card.
Each history page is split into four sections these are: the contact card, the pods, the link box and the contact history.
The Contact Card
Each history page has the contact card in the top left hand corner, the card is the same as the one you would see in the people or business view when you are viewing your businesses or contacts. All the features are the same and you can do everything you would normally to that contact from the history page.
The pod section of HQ can be filtered to what you want, to filter to pods you need to click the in the top corner of the history page located under the HQ search bar, this will then bring up a box that allows you to select the pods you want to show. Once you have done this they will appear next to the contact card as shown in the image above.
The pods that are available are:
- The keyfacts pod shows a list of the keyfacts for a business or a person. The keyfacts that are shown can be selected from a list of available keyfacts in the Administration system under the Misc tab.
- The accountancy pod shows the current, previous and next accountancy jobs for each of the accountancy services for that person or business. All of the jobs listed in this pod can be edited from the history page by clicking on the name of the job in the list that you want to edit.
- Incomplete Events
- The incomplete events pod shows a list of upcoming and incomplete events, these can be calendar events or callbacks that are linked to that person or business. These can be edited by clicking on the name of the event in the list.
- The jobbags pod show a list of open jobbags that are linked to the person or business, the jobbags can be edited by clicking on the name of the jobbag.
- The files pod shows a list of any files that are linked to the person or business, if you click on the name of the file it can be downloaded from HQ to your PC.
- Parent Business
- The parent business pod is used to show businesses that may have a parent business or may have multiple businesses as subsidiaries, you can add a parent business to a business by editing the business and going to the Associated People tab. Once you have done this they will appear in the parent business pod from there you can click the businesses listed and navigate to their history.
- The todos pod shows a list of the todos that are linked to the business, they can be edited by clicking on the name of the todo.
The Links Box
The links box, shown below is where you will find all of the people that are linked to a business and all of the businesses that are linked to a person, from here you can navigate to a person or business that is in the links box by clicking on their name. You can also perform other functions on them, these are writing en email or a letter to them or you can set their position in the business. There is also an option to add more people or business links by clicking the add button, this will pop up a small search box where you can search for people or businesses.
The Contact History
Below the links box you will find the contact history, this is split into tabs these are: All, Email, Documents, Notes, Files and Calendar.
Each tab shows all the history of that type that has been linked to the business or person. The All tab shows all the items that are linked to the business or person, then each of the other tabs are filtered by the type e.g.. email, documents etc.
On the specific tabs such as email you can apply a search to find a particular email for example. When you click on the email tab a search box will appear to the right of the tabs as shown below:
Once you have entered something into the search box, this could be an email address, a name, a subject or just a phrase, you will need to click the Apply Filter button this will then sort the tab you have selected and find anything that matches your search. If you want to get back to the normal history for that tab you need to click Clear Filter and it will go back to normal.